I’ve been thinking a lot about the little things. All those tiny details that create an individual – a unique expression of self in a world full of unique selves. It makes my heart tingle with the magic of it all. So, I thought I’d share a few of my own ‘little things’ – things which make me, me!
- When I was a teenager I learned to play the piano. I played pieces from the score of Twin Peaks almost exclusively.
- I can’t open a tight lid on a jar or bottle top to save my life – I now have a purple grippy thing which has saved dinner on more than a few occasions.
- I sing around the house *all* the time. My favourite songs are Fairground Attraction’s Perfect, Crystal Gayle’s Talking in Your Sleep, Mama Cass’ Dream A Little Dream, Irving Berlin’s What’ll I Do? and Julie London’s Cry Me A River. Don’t look for a link – it doesn’t exist!
- Some of my best friends were found through social media, and, for this reason alone, I will be forever grateful to FaceBook & Twitter.
- I am a total tea jenny and probably consume between 8 and 10 cups of various types of tea every day. Breakfast, Earl Grey, Rose, Chai…. mmmmmm….
- I don’t know how to drive, and I have a suspicion that I never will.
- My phd addressed anxieties of authorship – this has become uncomfortably ironic as I work on my first novel.
- On my altar is a mirror, a bonsai tree, an orchid, a Ruthie Redden print of a mermaid Keeper of the Light, a Louise Scott illustration Seal Rising, a peacock and peahen feather, a postcard of Mandy Davis’ Women’s Country, a postcard of John Duncan’s Saint Bride, a red Archangel Michael beeswax candle, and a collection of seagull feathers and driftwood.
- I’m a Scorpio who dives into the dark to reveal the light.
- My favourite fruit is figs – I literally feel as though I’m dissolving into bliss when I eat a ripe fig.
- Housework and I don’t mesh. We’ve come to a mutual agreement that we only converse on the odd occasion when it becomes truly necessary.
- I see orbs, speak to angels, channel goddesses… I am so far out of the woo woo closet that I can be found dancing in Rumi’s field.
- I like my wine deep pink and fruity. And sometimes with bubbles.
What are some of the small, seemingly insignificant details that make you your unique self?